Monday, October 11, 2010

Stribling goodies

Nothing beats harvesting your own food! These apples are from Stribling Orchard, where apple pie/cinnamon/mulled cider smells waft out of its creaky-floored gift shop.

Homemade pecan pie (an ode to my Momma).

Cinnamon-sugar donuts (also from Stribling Orchard). Still warm and perfect with cider.

Green tomatoes frying in generous spoonfuls of butter. Also an ode to my Momma and my Gamma.

The makings of velvety mashed sweet potatoes. Simmered in their own juices for 45 mins.

Farmer's market tomato rainbow!

I love the purple-y rouge color of these onions.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Ahhh! I'm so glad you're back! Can't wait to read all of your new posts!

Your beautiful photos make me hungry for fall! Wish we could share donuts and cider.

xoxo,
Gina